In this episode of Practice Growth HQ I chat with Brett Farmiloe about how healthcare providers can grow their authority through thought leadership.
Brett Farmiloe is the founder and CEO of Featured, a platform that connects subject matter experts with top publishers to increase their exposure. He’s also a published author, dad of three and believe it or not once helped Hugh Jackman launch a coffee company!
In this episode, you’ll learn about what thought leadership actually is, how to establish yourself as a thought leader (even if you have some hesitation), and the ripple effect more media exposure has on your practice.
If you’re curious to know how you can grow your practice by simply sharing your thoughts online, this episode is for you.
What you’ll learn:
- (04:43) Brett shares his entrepreneurial journey and how he ended up helping Hugh Jackman launch a coffee company
- (06:32) The biggest career mistake Brett made: Writing a whole book… and then throwing it away
- (07:41) Thought Leadership: What is it exactly?
- (08:03) Brett shares why thought leadership is a powerful way for healthcare providers to acquire more patients
- (09:46) Discover why lots of media companies are desperate to interview healthcare experts just like you!
- (11:20) Scared to put yourself out there? Why getting interviewed in the media isn’t as nerve-wracking as it seems
- (13:50) How to get featured in large media publications (it’s easier than you think!)
- (18:54) The types of media outlets looking for experts to interview on Brett’s platform ‘Featured’ right now
- (20:21) Uncover the key benefits of being featured in articles and increasing your online visibility
- (21:45) How media exposure can increase trust with prospective patients (this is why they’ll pick you over other providers!)
- (23:35) How to stand out as an expert and start gaining exposure in media outlets right now
- Plus loads more!
Links and Resources: