EP 41: Know Enough to be Dangerous – With Julie Noonan
In this episode of Practice Growth HQ you’ll meet Julie Noonan, an executive coach and strategic change consultant who specialises in helping mid to senior level leaders remain relevant in today’s constantly changing business environment.
Julie and I are talking all about change in this episode; including changes in technology, generational change, and industry change.
During this conversation, Julie shares her observations on how different people have adapted to all the changes brought on by the pandemic, how you can adopt a ‘Reverse Mentoring’ approach in your business, and why it’s so important as a practice owner to ‘know enough to be dangerous’.
If you’re interested in learning how to stay relevant as a leader, you’ll find this episode very interesting!
What you’ll learn:
- (08:23) How the impact of all the change that has occurred over the last few years has affected people
- (09:32) Julie’s Observations: The different ways certain nations have coped with the effects of change
- (13:09) Discover how to manage change in your industry and focus on what’s really important
- (16:59) Learn why it’s important to know just enough to be dangerous in all areas of your business
- (19:05) Find out how to have a positive impact in your business and utilise your employees well
- (22:32) Reverse Mentoring: What is it and how can it influence your practice?
- (26:29) Learn how Julie adapts her coaching style for smaller organisations like healthcare practices
- (30:23) Discover how to initiate difficult conversations about change in your workplace
- (32:38) Telltale signs the culture in your business is not in good shape (and what you can do about it)
- (39:24) Learn why managing yourself through change as a leader is getting more and more difficult (and what you can do to remain relevant as the world evolves)
- Plus loads more!
Links and Resources: