In this episode of Practice Growth HQ Karen Hillen and I discuss the importance of people management as a Practice Owner.
Karen is a virtual HR Manager with over 30 years of experience in Human Resources. She’s also a regular contributor to Dental Edge magazine.
In this episode, Karen shares her insights about proactively managing your employees, so that you can get the best out of your people. She also unpacks the importance of having robust policies and procedures in your business.
If you’re struggling to attract and retain good employees, you’ll want to pay close attention to this episode!
What you’ll discover:
- (07:33) Find out why Karen only works with employers who take a proactive approach when it comes to looking after their employees
- (10:21) Karen shares her insights on why it has become so difficult to find good employees in the current job market
- (13:17) Got underperforming employees on your team? Find out what you can do about it
- (16:34) Discover why its critical to avoid demotivating your best team members
- (18:02) Learn a super simple technique to find out what truly drives your employees
- (20:22) Karen shares her top tips for uncovering what your employees are looking for from their employment with you
- (25:41) Bonus resources and tools that can help you get to know your employees better
- (32:32) Discover why employment contracts are vital for both employers and employees (and what happens when they’re not in place)
- (38:22) Find out the most common questions Karen’s clients ask when they work with her
- Plus loads more!
Links and Resources: