EP 53: How to Recognise The Signs of Burnout – With Julie Bee
In this episode of Practice Growth HQ you’ll meet Julie Bee. Julie is an award winning entrepreneur, compassionate and empathetic leader and engaging storyteller.
She has spoken for over 14 years on the topics of leadership management, employment, and employee engagement. Her forthcoming book, ‘The Business Owners Guide to Burnout’ is scheduled to hit bookshelves in early 2024.
In this episode, I chat with Julie about the issue of burnout and how it can dramatically affect your quality of life. You’ll learn what burnout actually is and how it can sneak up on you, who to turn to when you’re dealing with burnout, and how you can recognise the signs of burnout before it takes hold.
If you’re hitting all your goals but it all feels a bit meaningless, this episode could be eye-opening!
What you’ll learn:
- (04:55) Discover what burnout is and how it can sneak up on you if you’re not careful
- (10:45) Julie shares the very first thing you should do if you suspect you’re dealing with burnout
- (11:30) Learn the most powerful thing you say to a high achiever who is suffering from burnout (it’s a very simple sentence!)
- (12:50) Find out why you’re feeling empty even after achieving so many of your goals
- (14:00) Discover the critical importance of vulnerability when you’re in the thick of burnout
- (17:01) Julie shares her tips on who to turn to for support when you’re dealing with burnout (hint: it’s not necessarily who you think!)
- (21:13) Learn the truth about therapy and counseling services
- (24:15) Julie shares her best tips on what you can do to prevent burnout from taking hold
- Plus so much more!
Links and Resources: