In this episode of Practice Growth HQ you’ll meet Julian Muldoon, Director and founding partner of 1Group Property Advisory.
Being a buyer’s agent and studying financial planning in his early years, Julian sought to enter the property industry with a business that would do things differently.
In this episode, I talk to Julian about the common mistakes health professionals make when choosing a site for their practice, the pros and cons of leasing versus buying a site, and the tradeoff between foot traffic and price.
If you’re searching for the perfect location to open your own practice, don’t sign anything before listening to this episode!
What you’ll learn:
- (06:34) What inspired Julian decide to strike out on his own and launch his business 1Group Property Advisory
- (09:18) Discover the potential pitfalls when it comes to finding a great property deal
- (14:31) Learn why convenience should NOT be your #1 criteria when sourcing a location for your practice
- (15:15) Find out what happens if a heap of competitors open up practices in your business’s neighbourhood
- (18:32) Learn what criteria you’re looking for when searching for the perfect site to open your practice
- (20:49) Discover why it’s so difficult to find a site for a veterinary clinic
- (23:30) Find out which healthcare profession is the most difficult to move
- (30:00) How to identify the tradeoff between potential foot traffic and price of the premises
- (35:31) Learn the importance of education during a negotiation and identifying a viable deal
- (39:24) Julian shares the biggest property horror stories he hears in his line of work
- Plus so much more!
Links and Resources:
Book mentioned: The 15 Commitments of Conscious Leadership