EP 55: The True Cost of a Toxic Workplace – With Erin Longmoon
In this episode of Practice Growth HQ we’re talking about toxic workplaces. You’ll discover the crucial role practice owners play in ensuring a healthy work environment for your employees.
In this episode you’ll meet Erin Longmoon, Founder of Zephyr Connects. Erin started her company to eradicate toxic workplaces by connecting great small businesses with great employees.
In this episode Erin shares the key characteristics of a toxic workplace, how to have insightful conversations with your employees, and how to create a workplace culture where employees feel seen and heard.
If you’re struggling to retain your team members, this conversation is essential listening!
What you’ll learn:
- (04:50) Erin shares some of her career background and how she came to be so passionate about eradicating toxic workplaces
- (11:26) Discover some quick interior design tips all healthcare professionals should know
- (16:17) Learn the key characteristics of a toxic workplace and how to recognise if it’s a problem in your organisation
- (19:20) Discover the awful side effects of a toxic workplace (and what you can do about it before it gets out of hand)
- (23:38) Find out why it’s so crucial for practice owners to regularly keep their finger on the pulse of what’s going on inside their organisation
- (25:12) Learn some simple, practical steps you can take to ensure you know how employees are feeling about working for your business
- (28:23) How to create a culture where employees feel seen and heard (your employees will thank you for doing this)
- (30:51) How to be an effective leader of your organisation even if you feel like there just aren’t enough hours in the day to talk to your team
- (35:01) Discover why it’s so important to pay attention to what’s not being said when speaking with your team
- (36:32) Erin shares her best tips for recruiting employees that perfectly align with your company’s values
- Plus loads more!
Links and Resources: