EP 56: Network Growth: Tips for Getting Referrals for Your Practice – With Caryn Kopp
In this episode of Practice Growth HQ I chat with Caryn Kopp about how you can grow your network and increase referrals for your practice.
Caryn Kopp is the “Chief Door Opener” at Kopp Consulting, helping her clients land more meetings with their best prospects. She’s also a best selling author, internationally recognised speaker and an expert in business development.
In this episode you’ll learn the “5 planks” for opening doors in your business, the key difference between sales messaging and marketing, and the importance of having a well-crafted networking blurb.
If you’d like to know how to build relationships with more practitioners so that you can increase referrals to your practice, don’t miss this episode!
What you’ll learn:
- (07:31) Why healthcare professionals need to be able to “open doors” (even if you’ve got a full schedule of patients)
- (10:41) How to know if you’re networking with the right people (lots of health professionals get this wrong)
- (15:00) Caryn unpacks the “5 planks” to opening doors for your business
- (16:56) Discover the key difference between sales messaging and marketing messaging
- (23:12) Networking blurbs: What are they and how will they help grow your business?
- (24:00) The Gap Method: How to explain your point of difference to your referrers
- (29:36) Why your patients don’t really care why you’re different (and what they really care about instead)
- (31:55) The critical importance of choosing language that your target market understands and connects with
- (33:31) How to handle any objections with ease before they come up with new prospects
- (37:16) What to do if you’re responsible for business development in your practice and you aren’t really sure what you’re meant to be doing
- (40:31) How to nail the execution and get what you want when you follow up with your prospects
- Plus loads more!
Links and Resources:
Book: Biz Dev Done Right