EP 52: Developing an Elite Mindset – With Michael Ceely
In this episode of Practice Growth HQ I speak to Michael Ceely, a licenced psychotherapist with multiple online practices. He’s also the Founder of the Mens Therapy Directory, a website dedicated to men’s mental health, and a former competitive cyclist.
In this episode we discuss how to develop a growth mindset so that you can uplevel your business, we talk about Michael’s own journey of practice growth, as well as the business lessons he learnt from his time as an elite competitive cyclist.
If you’d like to learn some simple strategies to develop a mindset focused on practice growth, you’ll really enjoy this conversation!
What you’ll learn:
- (10:06) Michael shares the business lessons he learnt from his early days as a competitive cyclist
- (13:57) Michael tells us about setting up his first practice as a psychotherapist
- (15:07) Discover why Michael decided to pivot from counselling teenage clients to working with athletic men dealing with anxiety
- (16:42) Learn the pros and cons of niching down in your business
- (19:40) Find out why it’s better to be a specialist than a generalist when it comes to practice growth
- (22:11) Discover the key marketing strategies that helped Michaels practice to grow
- (24:23) Learn what marketing activities Michael decided to outsource so that he could free up his time to focus on growing the business
- (26:52) Discover a powerful software for healthcare professionals that can help to automate your business
- (31:09) Want to be a high performer? Listen to these tips
- (35:30) Michael shares s simple strategy for dealing with isolation and burnout in your career
- (45:30) Find out how you can take some off the pressure off yourself (especially if you have perfectionist tendencies)
- Plus loads more!
Links and Resources:
Mens Therapy Directory: https://www.menstherapydirectory.com