In this episode of Practice Growth HQ, I talk about a most unusual topic that applies to everyone. It’s the topic of pricing.
You’ll meet pricing expert Janene Liston. Janene is a highly trusted pricing consultant and business coach working with small businesses, startups and entrepreneurs, across industries and across the globe.
She is a certified pricing professional, who’s been helping businesses improve pricing and profits for over 25 years.
In this episode we discuss why getting your pricing right is essential for business success, how you can price your services based on the value you provide, and how to charge more at your practice even if you offer the same services as everyone else.
If you want to know how you can price to maximise profits, you’ll really enjoy part one of this fascinating conversation!
What you’ll learn:
- (07:19) Janene shares how she ended up as working as the ‘pricing lady’
- (09:58) Discover why getting your pricing right is critical for practice success
- (14:00) Find out why pricing is the untapped profit lever in your business
- (15:40) Value based pricing: A simple strategy to help you determine your service pricing
- (19:46) Learn how to differentiate yourself from other service providers so that you can charge more
- (22:15) The pitfalls of charging too little for your services and attracting the wrong kind of clients into your practice
- (24:00) How to change the perception of value for customers, even if you’re offering the exact same services as your competitors
- (25:17) Janene unpacks the 5 simple steps you need to take to develop a strong pricing strategy
- (31:30) Discover how branding influences price perception
- (38:29) Learn how to handle pricing for unusual or custom service requests
- (42:17) Should service professionals put prices on their website? Janene shares her thoughts!
- Plus loads more!
Links and Resources: