In this episode of Practice Growth HQ I’m talking all things numbers with my guest Scott Trevethan.
Scott is the Founder of Financial Fanatics, a Bookkeeping company that helps businesses improve efficiencies and manage their profits well.
In this episode Scott shares why the numbers in your business are so important (and why you can’t afford to ignore them), how to manage your cash flow more effectively, and what benchmarking is in business.
If you’re ready to become a more responsible financial steward, you’ll really enjoy this conversation!
What you’ll learn:
- (08:47) Why no business owner can afford to ignore the numbers (seriously!)
- (09:43) Discover a game changing system for small to medium sized businesses that helps you manage cash flow without an accounting team
- (14:54) Learn why dodging the taxman and minimising your profits is a bad business strategy
- (19:57) Find out exactly what you risk losing if you don’t manage your business profits well
- (22:28) Discover the biggest threat to your business if your profits aren’t high enough (this will surprise you)
- (23:31) Benchmarking: What is it and why is it important?
- (26:00) How can you find out if you’re hitting the benchmark in your industry? Scott gives us his tips
- (27:36) Scott shares a story about why comparison is a zero sum game
- (31:57) Introducing Financial Fanatics: Comprehensive bookkeeping services for Australian businesses
- Plus loads more!
Links and Resources:
Podcast Episode with Mike Michalowicz: https://practicegrowthhq.com/ep-16-get-different-with-mike-michalowicz/