In this episode of Practice Growth HQ I speak with Dr. Amanda Brisebois about how to figure out what you really enjoy in your healthcare career.
Dr. Amanda is a certified wellness, healthcare and executive coach with expertise in general internal medicine and palliative medicine.
In this episode Amanda unpacks how to reframe the way you look at your career (particularly if you’re a practice owner) and how to start doing more of what lights you up, and less of what drains you.
If you’re ready to fall in love with your healthcare career again, you’ll definitely want to try out the exercise mentioned in this episode!
What you’ll learn:
- (04:30) Amanda discusses why she has struggled to think of herself as a business owner in the past (and what prompted her to start taking her business seriously)
- (06:43) Discover why pre-planning and goal setting in your business is astronomically important
- (09:36) Ready for a change? Amanda talks about why it’s becoming more common for people to have multiple careers throughout their working life
- (13:16) Is it enough? Find out why it’s important to assess your level of happiness in your career
- (15:00) Discover a simple exercise that will show you what you actually enjoy in your working life
- (20:47) Amanda discusses how she stumbled into coaching by simply doing more of what she loved and less of what she didn’t
- (22:11) Learn why hiring out the tasks in your business that you don’t want to do is money well spent
- (26:17) How to swap $20/hour tasks for $500/hour tasks
- (28:07) The key questions to ask yourself that will guide you to the next best actions to take in your business
- Plus loads more!
Links and Resources: