In this episode of Practice Growth HQ I speak with Sharon Lee about where practice owners go wrong when it comes to managing their business.
Sharon has over 35 years experience in the dental industry. She’s a Qualified Practice Manager & Dental Nurse, has owned and operated 3 successful dental practices in WA and is now the Founder and Director of ADAAMA.
In this episode Sharon shares some telltale signs that your business is suffering from a staffing problem, why you need a good practice manager, and the biggest mistake she made in her career.
If you suspect that your business could be running a little (or a lot) more smoothly, you’ll really enjoy this episode.
What you’ll discover:
- (5:00) Sharon shares her entrepreneurial journey
- (08:49) Why Sharon deviated from health care in 2020 (and why she considers that her biggest business mistake!)
- (11:21) The top 3 things most practice owners struggle with in their business
- (13:45) Telltale signs that you have a staffing problem in your practice
- (19:00) Learn why practice managers are worth their weight in gold
- (21:56) What to do when you don’t have full books (the fortune really is in the follow-up)
- (27:40) Have you asked yourself why people should come to your practice?
- (28:35) Why you need to start thinking like a business person and stop thinking like a healthcare provider
- (30:22) ADAAMA: What it is and why you should consider becoming a member
- Plus loads more!
Links and Resources: