EP 27: The Data Doesn’t Lie – With Chris Hughes
In this episode of Practice Growth HQ I chat with Chris Hughes, Dietician and Creator of MealZee, a time-saving meal planning solution that provides customized meal plans, using dietitian created recipes.
Chris’s career has led him from working in the hospital system with Queensland Health, to owning a busy private practice with 5 locations and 18 staff, to taking the leap into full-time entrepreneurship with MealZee.
In this episode we discuss why knowing your numbers is critical for making sound business decisions, and why Chris decided to ultimately sell his successful private practice to take the leap into full-time entrepreneurship.
If you’re looking for some inspiration on your own entrepreneurial journey there’s loads of value to take away from this episode!
What you’ll learn:
- (05:26) The Data doesn’t lie: Why bulk billing was the answer to Chris’ practice growth
- (08:33) Why all your business decisions should be backed up by data (honestly, it’s all about the numbers!)
- (12:48) How Chris’s quality of life took a dip while he was running his business (and what he wouldn’t do again)
- (14:04) Chris shares his best tips for growing your practice (hint: it involves taking a good look at the data)
- (17:39) Chris shares his darkest moments as a practice owner and what he took away from his experiences
- (22:28) What compelled Chris to sell his private practice? Why business ownership isn’t everything
- (25:15) Oh no! The key mistake Chris made when selling his business (and what he definitely wouldn’t do again if he had his time over)
- (27:13) Introducing Mealzee: Chris’s meal planning solution for time-poor dieticians, personal trainers and consumers
- (36:00) Chris shares his biggest challenge going from full-time healthcare professional to entrepreneur
- Plus loads more!