In this episode of Practice Growth HQ I’m talking about all things customer service with Justin Herald.
Justin is famous around the globe for taking $50 and creating Attitude Inc. a clothing brand that became an International Licensing success. He is also the author of 8 international best selling books and speaks at over 100 conferences in Australia and overseas each year.
In this episode Justin unpacks the critical importance of setting the right tone in your business, why he never reads a resume when hiring new staff, and the best way to approach difficult patients.
If you’re curious about how you can dramatically improve your customer service, pay close attention to this episode!
What you’ll learn:
- (03:21) Why Justin thinks of himself as an “accidental” entrepreneur and how he found success in business
- (06:19) Discover why Justin doesn’t mind making mistakes in business and how to reframe your mistakes as lessons
- (09:16) Learn why customer experience is more important than your products or services
- (12:52) Justin shares the reason he never reads a resume when hiring new staff
- (15:00) Find out how you set the benchmark for how your staff treat your patients (whether you’re aware of it or not)
- (18:59) Learn the key difference between your “work” personality versus your “regular” personality
- (21:50) Discover why it’s better to kill a customer with kindness (even when you know they’re in the wrong!)
- (26:08) The critical importance of approaching your company practices from a consumer perspective rather than a business perspective
- (31: 50) Learn why Justin approaches every year as the ‘Year of the Customer’ in his business
- (35:01) Find out why feedback is the breakfast of champions and how to do an internal stocktake of your customer journey
- Plus loads more!
Links and Resources: