EP 7: Positive Intelligence and its impact on Practice Growth – With Dr. Doug Herr
In this episode of Practice Growth HQ we discuss the importance of knowing how to ‘manage yourself’ in order to build a thriving practice.
You’ll meet Doctor Doug Herr, a practicing Clinical Health Psychologist based in Nashville, TN. In this episode Doug unpacks the importance of Positive Intelligence and why the growth of your practice is limited by how much you’ve grown personally.
If you’re curious to learn more about how positive intelligence impacts your career and what your personal saboteurs might be, you’ll love this episode!
What you’ll learn:
- (11:45) Learn why ‘soft skills’ are really HARD skills…and why they’re incredibly important for health practitioners today
- (12:50) Discover how the growth of your practice is limited by your personal growth… and what you can do about it
- (16:00) A rude awakening; when health professionals open their own practices only to discover a massive gap in soft skills
- (19:06) How to grow your practice sustainably and achieve personal fulfillment WITHOUT burnout
- (24:40) Positive Intelligence: What is it and how can it help you grow a successful business?
- (26:13) Adult thrive program: How our childhood brain conditioning may be hindering business growth (and how to fix it fast)
- (27:38) The practical steps for rewiring your brain and ditching your personal saboteurs
- (35:40) Improv comedy: How you can use the ‘Yes and’ comedy technique in your practice to facilitate creative thinking and validate your team
- (39:25) INNER CRITIC: Why your inner critic wants to avoids conflict at all costs… and why that’s doing your business more harm than good
- Plus loads more!
Links and Resources:
PQ Score & Saboteur Assessment: www.positiveintelligence.com
Email: firstname.lastname@example.orgWebsite: www.changetimeisnow.com
P.S. Whenever you’re ready… here are 3 ways we can help you grow your business:
1. Get a free subscription to our magazine – Dental Edge – HERE
2. Get our freebie! 10 Hottest Marketing Winners for Dentists in 2021 – HERE
3. Join the Dental Diamonds Mastermind. If your practice is at $1mill+, you may qualify to join a small group of elite, non-competing dentists – earn more and work less! Click Here to see if you qualify