In this episode of Practice Growth HQ I chat with ex footballer Simon Madden about the 12 commandments for organisational success.
Simon has a unique outlook on what it takes to be successful. He played 378 games for the Essendon Football Club, was Victorian and club captain, played in two premiership teams, and was selected All Australian on multiple occasions.
Not content just to be known as an elite athlete, Simon has continued to build his professional skills. He has held management positions helping build small, medium and large organisations to achieve their goals. Simon has been consulting since 2008.
If you’re curious about what the 12 commandments of organisational success are, and how you can apply them to your business, you’ll want to pay close attention to this episode.
What you’ll learn:
- (07:29) Simon shares timeless life lessons picked up from decades in the thick of football politics
- (11:42) Simon gives us a rapidfire overview of the 12 commandments for organisational success
- (12:41) Discover the critical importance of clarity in your business (and in your life!)
- (14:49) Simon shares the best action step you can take if you want more clarity in your business
- (19:02) Learn why clarity in job descriptions is crucial for smooth business operations
- (21:50) Discover the key difference between patient ‘customers’ and patient ‘clients’ (and why it matters)
- (24:47) Learn how to set effective short term and long term goals for your practice
- (27:45) Don’t know what you want? How to make clear decisions on where you want to go with your business
- (31:12) Discover what happens when you’re not clear about the challenges you face in your business
- (33:44) Simon shares his best tips on how to gain an edge over your competitors
- (36:58) Learn why who you cooperate with in business is important for gaining the business outcomes you want
- Plus loads more!
Links and Resources: