In this episode of Practice Growth HQ I chat to Sam Bowden about the importance of having a positive mindset when it comes to growing your business.
Sam Bowden is a former practice owner with 15 years of experience successfully managing veterinary practices. Now he’s a leading educator and mentor and focuses on helping practice owners of all types to increase their confidence, efficiency, work life balance and profitability.
In this episode Sam unpacks previous business failures and how they helped shape his career trajectory, how to improve your mindset as it relates to your business, and why Sam believes there’s a silver lining to everything.
If you’re curious about how your mindset can help you make more money, pay close attention to this episode!
What you’ll learn:
- (03:50) Sam shares a key turning point in his entrepreneurial journey and what he learnt from his first big setback
- (07:44) How (and why) to reframe failure into feedback
- (10:08) Discover why Sam believes there’s a silver lining to everything
- (13:34) Tackling the big questions: What is the purpose of my life? Learn why this is a key question to answer
- (15:54) Find out how your energetic frequency can help or hinder you
- (20:00) Unpacking the concept of intention as a means to propel yourself and your business forward
- (23:15) The business case for building a more positive mindset
- (29:18) Discover why it’s important to look at your business through a different lens to your clinical work
- (33:29) Post-Traumatic Growth Syndrome: What is it and why is it important?
- (37:45) Sam shares the cliff notes of his book, The Abundant Practice
- Plus loads more!