In this episode of Practice Growth HQ, I discuss multi-generational communication with Kristen Donnelly, and we unpack why it’s critical if you want to have a successful practice.
Kristen is an award winning, four time TEDx speaker, international empathy educator, and researcher with two decades of experience in helping people understand the beauty in difference, and the power in inclusivity.
In this episode Kristen shares what multi-generational communication is, how each generation wants to be treated in the workplace, and tips to help your employees to feel like they matter.
If you’re operating under the belief that your team shouldn’t need “mollycoddling”, set your skepticism aside for a moment and listen to this episode!
What you’ll learn:
- (03:37) Kristen shares her entrepreneurial journey that began when she was just 6 years old
- (06:08) Doing business with family? Discover how to make it work!
- (08:54) Kristen shares why shiny object syndrome can be so detrimental to your business
- (10:33) What is multigenerational communication? Let’s piece together this puzzle
- (16:17) Learn why you probably have the same values as you did when you were 15 years old
- (19:30) Find out how to communicate effectively with your Gen Z employees
- (24:09) Simple strategies to help your employees and patients to feel like they matter
- (25:57) Discover why it’s critical to get to know your employees if you want stronger communication in your workplace
- (29:02) Let’s unpack why multi-generational communication is a non-negotiable if you want to have a successful practice
- (33:19) Learn more about the mindset of millennials and how the time they grew up in has influenced them
- (36:34) Top tips to get the best out of your millennial employees
- (38:25) Find out why Gen X are known as the ‘cynical’ generation
- (42:33) Best practices for working with the Baby Boomers in your organisation
- (44:30) Learn why it’s vital to respect any Builders in your workplace
- Plus loads more!
Links and Resources: