In this episode of Practice Growth HQ we’re discussing the personal rewards that come along with volunteering your medical services in developing countries.
You’ll meet Robert Latimer, MSM member and Founder of Tooth Buddies, a new initiative created to educate the children of Vanuatu on dental hygiene. In this episode, Robert unpacks his years of experience serving as a volunteer with the Medical Services Ministries, the surprising benefits most volunteers experience after completing a mission, and how being a part of a program like Tooth Buddies could have secondary benefits in growing your healthcare business.
If you’ve been wondering how you can give back to people who don’t have access to healthcare services, this episode is for you!
What you’ll learn:
- (04:30) Robert tells us about his career trajectory, and what led him to working with Medical Services Ministries
- (09:15) Sailing for Humanity: The article that inspired Robert to start working with the Vanuatu Prevention of Blindness program (even though he had no experience as a medical professional)
- (16:25) Sobering statistics: Robert tells us about the healthcare services desperately needed in remote places like Vanuatu and other developing countries
- (21:31) What kind of healthcare professional is drawn into volunteer work? Robert outlines the common characteristics he’s observed
- (24:32) What are the logistics of going on a medical mission via yacht? Robert breaks down what happens during a trip
- (27:20) Robert outlines some of the unexpected benefits of medical missionary work
- (31:24) Introducing Tooth Buddies: A funding strategy for dental education in schools and kindies across Vanuatu
- (40:31) Discover how being part of the Tooth Buddies program could have secondary benefits for your own business
- Plus much more!
Links and Resources: